Sunday, February 3, 2013

Meet the Brothers--Paul

Michael Jordan, Thurman Thomas, and Edgar Renteria.  These are players who shaped my celebratory "fandom."  I grew up in Akron, Ohio and have suffered many defeats with few excitements.  While Thurman Thomas did nothing to the city of Cleveland, his abilities were well feared in the city of Miami.  Over time, I will expand on how I was converted into a Dolphins fan (just know that half of my family is from Western PA and if the famous 83 draft went as expected I may have been a Steelers fan).  Well, as for Michael Jordan and Edgar Renteria...I would rather not speak to what they have done.

Now, I spend my days serving the country in the United States Air Force.  In addition to protecting the country, I have been presented opportunities to continue my sports passion.  I played quarterback for a semi-pro football team in Italy, and just retired from a rugby team in Illinois.

I love watching and analyzing the sports.  The aspect of the intelligental aspect part of the game and the work behind the scenes that make what we see happen.  Additionally, rooting like hell for something good to happen to Cleveland or the Miami Dolphins...



No comments:

Post a Comment